The Optimist / Mercury Retrograde

 Mercury Retrograde  paypal.me/aircrashdetectives




Verse 1

The almanac

Has a lot of important

Information

And I wondered why

I missed the train

Even though I was at the station

Is it her lust for me

That puts my sweaty palms

Into very awkward situations

Or is this the time

To brace myself

For liberation


Verse 2

Is the afterbirth

The best thing

That ever happened to your offspring

Are the circumstances

More frightening

When you start to think what I am thinking

Can you tap the glass

When you get trapped

In between reality and the glass ceiling

It only hurts

A little bit

When you start to feel what I am feeling


Ramp

It’s no use

I only have

A lame excuse

Every time

I let you down

Like a lead ballon

Makes me feel like

I am running out of time

And it’s too soon


Chorus

I hope that the earth

Swallows me whole

Before I get hurt

Before I get too old

 

And for all the bad words that I thought

After everything you said

Look at the mess I made

Is it me or is it you

Is it me or is it you

No matter where the blame gets laid

Let's blame it all on

Mercury retrograde


Comments