The Optimist / The Quiet Ones / Walking With Giants

The Quiet Ones / Walking With Giants 

paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



Verse 1

He sat in the corner

Played with knives

Like slow torture

And the story of our lives

Always looking back over

The tiny little details

Like a broken soldier

Trying to figure out where the weakest point will fail

 

Verse 2

A background check

On the state of your mind

The batter’s on deck

Left-handed pitcher unwinds

Gradually, then all of a sudden

The preacher said We all got to pray

Like a cold baker’s oven

Full of Tuesday’s old bread, nobody’s hungry today

 

Ramp

You are only as strong

As the wind you walk into

I know it won’t be long

Before they blame it all on you

 

Chorus

The only thing that I have left

Is her Saint Christopher

And the sun

Somebody should have told me

I was walking with giants

Now I watch out for the quiet ones

 

M8

You know I can’t

Bring her back

I will tell myself a lie

I really don’t believe

But maybe one day

I will see her on the other side

Comments