The Optimist / You Can’t Take It With You

You Can’t Take It With You / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



Verse

I rummage through the blight

The happenstance

These worn-out shoes

Had no time for losers

On a rainy Saturday night

Could I have the last dance? [ by chance? ]

As the DJ plays the blues

‘I Stand Accused’

 

My eyes are blurred

From way too many

Campari Lemonades

And the sentimental bruises

The things that I’ve heard

From all my enemies

And all the things I’ve said

Would only make sense

If you really knew me

 

Knocking on death’s door

Like little death warmed up

I really don’t need anymore

Of your condescending well brought up

Judgements

And Filaments

Shedding light on things

If you tear a ligament

You will be limping

On the memories

Of better days gone by

Talking about

A fictitious place

I have already forgotten

 

Pre-chorus

Sometimes I feel like

I am getting one step closer

To heaven

Even though I don’t believe

In anything

Like you do

 

Ramp

Is that the white light

In the distance

Calling out for you

To come closer

Did you have everything

You like

Do you need a change of clothes

Do you feel composed

Are you ready for this long and winding road?

 

Chorus

You can’t take it with you

Why would want to anyways

You can’t take it with you

Been holding you back

All those years

You can’t take it with you

Are you ready?

Today is the day

Only one thing left to do

You can’t take it with you

 

M8

Are you ready

To give it back

When you get the sign

Don’t know if you knew it

But you were already

On borrowed time

Comments