The Festive Season / Big Shoes

Big Shoes / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



Pre Chorus

The clocked stopped

At 23.59

Just waiting for the day

When it’s my time

 

Chorus

Big Shoes

Big big shoes

I got some big shoes to fill

And one day I will

 

Verse 1

The self-conscious zits

And some idiot

Painted 3 white stripes

On the side of his shoes

 

He wanted to fit

In with the crowd

And be lifted up

By the sound of the echoes

 

Bouncing off the walls

Of these palaces

That will last much

More than a lifetime

 

Until the stench

Of this place

Becomes too much

For the public to be celebrating

 

Verse 2

And the beautiful girl

Carrying around

Burdened by

Those great big breasts

 

She is thinking

To herself

What did I ever do

To deserve this

 

Before too long

She will be looking like

Her better days

Are right behind her foundation

 

And the bedtime stories

Take up more time

Than the time, it took

To get her into this situation

 

Verse 3

And in the candlelit

Vestibule

A man makes noise like a boy

Who has nothing else to lose

 

Suicide it kills

As does one of them pills

They prescribe for the pain

After the parents pray together about it

 

And the afterlife

Swears on it

Comes to the rescue

Every time there is any doubt about it

 

Sometimes you think

Too much about it

You need to get a life

Get on with it

 

I got big shoes to fill

And one day I will

One day I will

Comments