Summer Of Love / I Rest My Case

I Rest My Case / aircrashdetectives@paypal.me

 


Verses

You can rub it all over my face

With reckless abandon

But it still don’t pay the bills

 

Coming down from outer space

Into the blue ocean

It’s a thrill til its gone

 

You disappeared without a trace

Crashed and burned

Like an actress on her last line [ just one last time ]

 

And everybody loves the human race

As a stunt double stand in

Lives your life to it’s full potential

 

Ramp

I wandered through this

Post industrial wasteland

Looking for the time and date

When I set my hands

In the fresh laid concrete

I guess I was looking to be

 

Remembered

Rendered

Remarkable

Ready for anything

 

Bridge

And sign said

Keep out

Keep off the grass

No ball games

No fun for you

 And it’s my understanding

That we used to live like this

 Until one day

We found the courage

Found our voice

Came of age

Came all over the world

 

Chorus

And

In our dreams

We stood up

Against the man

Just because

Took me a while

But now I know

What I am standing for

Comments