Summer of Love / Cellophane

Cellophane / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



Ramp

You say, you say, you say

I will never do

That again

 

Chorus

If I could do

One thing for you

Could I

Take your pain

Wrap you up

In cellophane

 

Verse 1

 

I watched her life

Go down the drain

Washed away

 

By the hands of time

And the pills of pain

And you say

 

With the kilograms

Of goodness

That I have left

 

And the kilowatts

Of Light

Shining like

 

Bright shiny objects

In the distance

I still want to get high

 

Verse 2

 

She was happy go lucky

Spoke about this life

Called me honey

 

I knew the knife

Through my heart

Was coming

 

In a frenzied attack

The love detectives

Call it

 

Temporary insanity

A domestic

Crime of passion

 

The fortune teller

Says the tea leaves

Have a dark edge

I should stay home

For a few days

Maybe stay in bed

 

Until the planets

Align

In my favor

 

And the stars

Shine

Like a badge of honor

 

M8

 

Got to live a little

But not too much

I know it’s confusing

Until you figure it out

Comments