Summer of Love / Wondrous

Wondrous

Verses

I slipped out of the handcuffs

And you thought that

You could tie me down

I dusted off the dandruff

The coal dust

The tiring rust

 

A lust for life

Please don’t

Shut the soul of this town down

I love watching

In real time

It’s character rise

In slow motion

 

From the edge of the dam

I see you

Teetering and tottering

Wondering

Whether or not

You should

Do the right thing

 

Bridge

And the voice in your head

Said

I can

I will

 

Pre – Chorus

And tonight

Every single

One of us

Will be outstanding

Astounding

A little less bored

At the back of the bus

 

Chorus

Didn’t I tell you

We will be

Wondrous

Yes, yes,yes

Every single one of us

 

M8

Don’t let the limitations

Of your surroundings

Define

Your expectations

That’s deep

Way too deep

Comments