The Silent Speak / The Optimist

 The Optimist / aircrashdetectives@paypal.me




 Chorus

 

The optimist

Said to the pessimist

Hello, hello, hello

Let me step out from

The shadows

 

Let me take

Your darkness

Turn it into light

One time

So you can see

What it’s like

On the other side

 

Verse 1

 

Walked out my front door

Pedigreed dog on a leash

Hand me downs

In a bag

For the poor

 

And a strange man

In a van

Offered me the deal

Of a lifetime

If I would only get in

 

But I kept my wits

In a cupboard

Under the stairs

For times like these

How was he to know

 

That two of his front teeth

Would end up

Under my pillow

As a constant reminder

That the world is a very dangerous place

 

Verse 2

 

The big game was on the radio

And Fuctiviano

Became famous

In his lifetime

And he didn’t even know

 

While I was

Walking down the Rugby Road

On a cold night

Wondering

When the lights come on

Is their going to be a show

And the words of the songs

Were wrong

From the start

But who really cares

About political correctness

When your soul is born stained

 

And you are jumping

The turnstiles

Because you don’t

Have enough to eat

Or to be professionally

Entertained

 

Verse 3

 

Contestants on a game show

Play a weird version

Of spin the bottle

Smoking cigarettes

Waiting for a rose

 

And the girl with the buck teeth

From primary four

Always felt disadvantaged

Until she was

Cosmetically altered

Then she looked down her nose

Comments