The Silent Speak / Indoor Wars

Indoor Wars / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 



Verses

If I give you all the whys

And some of the what fors

Your head spins around

Like a bottle

On a well-polished floor

In amongst the bric-a-brac

Was an old dinosaur

Think his name was George

Been in the family

Since I was four

Got it for my birthday

From the old General’s store

He wasn’t a soldier

Anymore

Drank a lot on July the 4th

Then travelled the neighborhood

With an American flag

In an old beat up Ford

How could you ever

Get bored

Who could ever ask

For more

Do the kids ever play

Outdoors

Anymore

 

As the sunlight strains

Their eyes

From the darkness

They emerge

Like soldiers returning

From the front lines

Camouflaged in lies

Wondering where

Their enemies reside

Another lonely widow

Cries

About loneliness and

American Pie

As generals and majors

Eulogize

Lying about how

Many died

With the flick of

A finger

In the blink of an eye

There was an interruption

To the lullaby

I sang about butterflies

Dragonflies

And how many we

Could be divided by

While the greedy hands

Swung from the rafters

In their old school ties


Chorus

But who could ever ask

For more

Tell me if you are not sure

Don’t the kids play

Outside anymore

There will be no more

Fighting

Keep it all inside

Indoor wars

 

M8

I keep watching

From the best seat

In the house

Just in case

I miss something

From the passing the crowd

Comments