The Silent Speak / Broken Record

Broken Record / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



Pre-Chorus

She scratched all my records

But she only scratched the surface

When you live by the sword

You must die by the sword

You can say it

Until you are blue in the face

 

Chorus

When I pray to the Lord

That’s all I can afford

As history repeats

It’s greatest defeats

 

Come get your reward

It’s your time to come alive

Don’t get old

Don’t get tired

Of being bored

Too many irons in the fire

I can talk to you

Over and over

Until I am blue

Like a broken record


Verse  

They battered their fish

Like they battered their women

And she once was a dish

That you could feast your eyes on

As the dandelions asked me to make a wish

And the girl of my dreams said

Keep moving on

In between dodging his fists

And avoiding another miscarriage

From one of those nights

When it all seemed to be

Right

I know right!

 

The gin

And the tonic

Turned him into the six million dollar man

Where you could rebuild him

You just don’t understand him

He is not what you think

I can fix it

Like I fix my drinks

Ice in the glass

You can all mind your business

And kiss my ass

As all of my dreams, end up

In the kitchen sink


From the ravages of war

And a mother who swore

More

Often than the very whores

She was reluctant

To be kind to

And it’s kind of ironic

That the antibiotics

Were resistant to the strains

And an arse that was sore

From the beatings

And the penicillin

That was injected

To fight off the cold sores

From the other gentlemen

Who frequented

The very places

That were frowned upon

 

This circle of life

Is a little more contentious

When those who expect

Are the ones who neglect

And forget

To respect

The hands that built

This

And it’s not perfect

Never will be

That wave of a hand

Tip of a hat

A note on the back of a postcard

Goes a long way

To misguiding the next generation

 

 Like the old black and white

Movies

It’s open to interpretation

If you look hard enough

You can see it hidden in plain sight

Trouble

In amongst the finer things

As real life

Dirties it up again

With angst

And worry

Because that’ what we do

Tension

Suspensions

Until we learn our lessons

And conform


Comments