The Silent Speak / The Last Detective

 The Last Detective / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives


Verses

Trying to find out

How many hearts she broke

Before she got to mine

When the tide goes out

All that’s left

Is the sand between your toes

And you remember

Yeah you remember

Her singing red red wine

And should you ever try

To love again

Well nobody knows

 

When your luck runs out

And the very last page from

The library book

Has a coffee stain

Over the words that tell you

If she ran off with the priest

Was I just wishing

She would give me

A second kind of look

I’ve been training for this day

All my life

When I hit my peak


Pre - Chorus

The last detective

To get inside my head

Said

The law of averages

Are against you

 

And no matter what you do

She is never going to love you

Like

Her first love

Like her first true love

 

You can see it in her face

Everyone’s a winner

Even

Second place

Will you take the runner’s up

Prize

 

Wear it like a badge of

Honor

Wear it with pride

Take all those

Evil sinners

Hear their side of the story


Chorus

Singing

I won, I won, I won

Like you’re still twelve

And will you tell yourself

This lie

For the rest of your life

 

M8

It mostly hits you

When you don’t have a clue

Sneaks up on you

Then it calls out your name

Comes looking for you


Comments