The Silent Speak / Never Thought I Would Hear Those Words

Never Thought I Would Hear Those Words / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives




Verses

And purple skies

Match the bruises

On my skin

And the tears in my eyes

Are for all the people

Who are a forgone conclusion

Chewing barbiturates

Like vitamins

Waiting for a new god

In New York or London

 

Am I any less surprised

A police car cruises

The Boulevard

Of Broken Dreams

Looking for solutions

One more bag of

High expectations

Leaves her cold

Like a lover who doesn’t say

Goodbye in the morning


Chorus

I know this sounds so absurd

But I

Never thought I would hear those words

Coming out of your mouth

 

Will my vanity

Find satisfaction

In your glory

Or will I write another song

About a bad bad boy

Who has another hard luck story

 

M8

That’s the trouble with people of conscience

They won’t lie to themselves

As easily as they will lie to you

Even when the fish are dying

And their faces turn blue

They will still be trying

To convince you

That everything is swimmingly good

Comments