The Silent Speak / Just Say You Are Sorry

Just Say You Are Sorry




Chorus

You don’t have to apologize

For anything you say

You can still fantasize

About the good old days

And she has been waiting patiently

For you to change your ways

But sometimes


You just have to say you are sorry

So So Sorry

You just have to say you are sorry

So so so sorry

 

Verse 1

Cheap thrills [ and it’s ]

Up hill

Six ways from Sunday

I can go either way

But it’s time

To put away

The attitude 

So let’s dance now


Time kills

Stands still

Like a soldier on parade

And the hard lemonade

Has a much better taste

Than homemade pie

So let's drink now


Verse 2

Cardboard boxes

Line my front porch

As the gameshow in primetime

Comes to a climax

While I am trying

To do my taxes

And distort the facts

So I don’t have to pay my fair share

 

Cartoon foxes

Have conversations

About the state of the world

And this nation

Actually

The only thing that matters [ right now]

Is where’s your head at

When she asks ‘do you even fucken care? ‘

 

M8

Sitting in

The chill room

Waiting for the end

Before the end

So that I can start again


Put away the Charlie

Trade in the Ferrari

And meet me down

@ the Pig and Barley

For one last look at the

Strange faces of the night


Window sills

Sit still

Save for the Venetian blinds

Going up and down

Every time

Somebody makes

A move

To improve

Their circumstances

Comments