Music Orphans Series / Yep, That's Groovy Man

 Yep, That’s Groovy Man / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

The detective

Got offensive

Under the interrogation lights

She was radioactive

From the chemicals

That she takes [ to get high ] every night

Spins the chamber

Likes it’s carnival

And the lucky winner’s prize

Is a couple of steamy nights

With an Elvis look a like

Under the Las Vegas sky

 

After years of neglect

Her poise her elegance

Are in, need of, emergency repair

The usual suspects

Disco dance

With lazy curls and Joan Armatrading hair

Trying to figure out

If they can stay in a trance

And escape the consequences of sordid  affairs

Hiding in crowds

Like a crazed soccer fan

Cheering them on like he really cares

 

Pre Chorus

 

I would run it by her

One more time

Again

And she would say

This is great

Much less to explain

Said she was trying

To get back

To where she needs to be

Before anyone

Notices how far gone

She really is

 

Chorus

 

I hold up my hands

And reach for the sky

In case she tries to shoot [ me down]

Truth be damned

Is she going to cry?

Before I can make my move

 

I feel like a criminal

It’s so hard to understand

I have made my case

To her eyes and to her face

Should all be admissible

And if it is if it is

Yep, That’s groovy man

 

M8

 

You never know

Until you try

You will never know

How much it hurts

Until you cry

Comments