Music Orphans Series / Week To Week

Week to Week / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives


Verse

She was always

A little bit shy

Kept her strong opinions

To herself

Nobody ever asked her

Why

Before she went to sleep

She crossed herself

 

Kept loaded gun

Under the pillows

And as always

A big pile of cash

Tried to figure out who

She still owes

Before she made a run for it

Knows it won’t last

 

She had high hopes

For the longest time

That she was different enough

Lonely in a crowd

When it came down to it

And the church bell chimed

Her confidence was

Cut to pieces, but she concealed the doubt

 

And the day before

The day before

I think we are talking

About Wednesday

She flashed a beacon

To the shore

Saying somebody help me

Before this all slips away

 

Pre-chorus

There are days when I think

I can make it to the end

Then there are others

When I know it’s the end

 

Chorus

Do you remember the days?

When we danced cheek to cheek

Said ‘we don’t care about the future’

And the weather was bleak

Sunny days ahead

And of that I am sure

Everything will work itself out

We are going week to week

 

M8

Can you see the light?

Coming down the boulevards

That we call civilized

It’s righteous, sometimes it’s hard

When you get caught by cracks

Or by the law

Comments