Music Orphans Series / Christmas Cheer

 Christmas Cheer / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives


Verse

Just when you think that

It can’t get any worse

Then it does

Take a look around

And see how much

You are loved

There is always someone

Still trying to figure out

How to get by

How to scam the social

The bingo

Or the lottery

Waiting on the horses

To come in

First, second and third

In the same race

On the same day

My feelings got hurt

 

Just when you think that

The world is passing you by

By a mile

And all the clothes

In your closet suddenly

Come back into style

There is always someone

In a place

Much worse that you

And I know it don’t help

When all that you need

Is someone to say

I feel it too

And we will have a good cry

For an hour or a minute

Or two

Or until the grey skies

Turn blue

 

Pre Chorus

What’s the chances?

That I am a lucky man

Pretty high

I am thinking

 

Nothing fancy

I understand

Water’s high

And everybody’s drinking

 

Chorus

It’s the time of year

You will find me

Grinning ear to ear

When my family

And friends

Are near

 

And I am thinking

This is it

That’s the spirit

Time to get my head down

And get on with it

 

I raise a glass

Of wonder

I raise a glass of atmosphere

Here’s to everyone

It’s Christmas cheer


M8

Never be afraid to

Share a little piece of love

With someone you don't know

Let the doubters and the haters

Feel the kindness of a stranger

With no ulterior motive



Comments