Music Orphans Series / Broken Hill

Broken Hill / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



photo credit bill weathers

Verse 1

Ain’t no highbrow

When you get to the middle

Of nowhere

Ain’t you figured out by now

That everybody needs somewhere

To go

Might as well be here

It’s almost as good as anywhere

And I know I know I know

 

Verse 2

And if time allows

I could paint a landscape

Paint the chairs

Underground you can’t see the

Silver highlights

Running through his hair

Down here

Is almost as good as anywhere

And I know I know I know

 

M8

A picture

Says

A thousand things

All at once

If you look

Hard enough

Into the distance


Pre Chorus

Can you tell me why

It took so long

To light up the sky

Like Evonne Goolagong

 

Chorus

When you are waiting for rain

Not much to do

Except making movies

Here on Broken Hill

Everything is cool

Everything is groovy

 

Everything changes

If you wait long enough

Comments