Music Orphans Series / Shop Window

Shop Window / aircrashdetectives@paypal.me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2VDqwwHZ-4

Pre- Chorus

Touch up your make-up

Smooth out your dress

Sunday’s best

Got to get out in front of this

 

Chorus

You can

Rest when your dead

But until then

Clear all the thoughts

Inside your head

Take a break from your condition

I really think you want

Everybody to know

Shop window

 

Verse 1

The trumpet

Plays a last lament

For another fallen soldier

And the flag

Folded precisely

Makes her lose her composure

The children

Can’t understand

Why we are fighting at all

And she thought

Bob Dylan

Put an end to all these wars

 

Verse 2

The manikins

Come alive

In the middle of the night

And the talisman

Shines like a beacon

Of light

She is an actress

Swallowing some

Of life’s bitter pills

It’s so hard when

Hardcore pays so much more

Than something more meaningful

 

Verse 3

Ambition

Said don’t lose

Sight of rising ships

Acid tongues

Should stay onboard

The battleships

The Cure said

The tap goes

Drip drip drip drip

Drives you crazy

But don’t let it slip

Through your fingertips

 

M8

I see my reflection

Is not as pretty

As it used to be

 

But I don’t

Care about that

Like I did

When I used it

To be something

I am afraid of

 

Now I feel like

I am much more

Like I imagined me to be

 

I am still

A working in progress

It’s a labor of love

 

Comments