Music Orphans Series / One Hand On The Wheel

One Hand On The Wheel / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



Pre- Chorus

Just when you thought

It couldn’t get

Any worse

Then it does

Then it does

Then it does

 

 Chorus

When it all goes

Sideways

And the creepy sound

Of the glockenspiel

Plays on the soundtrack

Of the day

Inside your head

Inside your head

Might make you a little crazy

Don’t you worry about me

I still got

One hand on the wheel


Verse 1

Car won’t start

Kid threw up

Over the shoulder

And down the back

Of my favorite

Jacket

Teenager got

A broken heart

From a boy

Who is a none the wiser

Just a little older

And this phone

Needs a charge

Before I can

Call and complain

About how hard

This life can be

About 6.45

On a Monday morning

 

Verse 2

Internet down

Got to get outside

Before I get too old

To remember

What it’s like

To be busking

On the corner

Where life intersects

With sarcasm and oh the irony

And the neon sign

Keeps on buzzin

Says she’ll talk

Dirty to me

The first minutes

Free

As long as I play along

I play her song

From when she was a peach

Back In 1993

Says this life’s never boring


Interlude

Don’t let life

Get in the way

Of living

If you can help it

Get on it

Get on it

Get on it

Comments