Music Orphans Series / Don't Be Feeling Sorry For Me

Don’t Be Feeling Sorry For Me / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

Ramp

I never apologize

For who or what I am

 

Born out of drunkenness

And wedlock

I have seen a grown man cry

I hope you understand

I spilled my blood

And guts

Once I got over the shock

 

Chorus

Don’t be feeling

Sorry

For yourself

Especially not for me

This life will deal you

Wonders

And Wonder Bread

Right up until the minute

You dead

Ain’t nothing for free

 

Verses

The children were, asking

Some difficult questions

And I tried to explain

But there were

Some important things

I forgot to mention

 

Stretched the truth

Just enough

To aggravate the needles

On the lie detector test

I try to tell it straight

But it’s tough

When you are in the weeds

And not feeling the best

About yourself

 

But there ain’t no shame

Cutting the rough

Edges off the pig

For pea and ham soup

 Just remember

Where you came from

When you are trying

To imagine how good

This life can be

 

Reprise

 Sunday’s always best

To get out in front of this

Comments