Music Orphans Series / Sometimes It Hurts

Sometimes It Hurts / aircrashdetectives/paypal.me



Chorus

Sometimes it hurts

More than you

Want it to

But you can only

Play the cards

In front of you

And once the stakes

Get too high

The loser

Must care

More

About life

Itself

Otherwise

Nobody ever wins

 

Pre Chorus

What if I want to

Hold on to you

For a little while

Longer

God gave me strength

But I don’t feel any stronger

 

Verse 1

For what it’s worth

This life

Ain’t all that

 

Until you see

One of the seven

Wonders of this world

 

Or all the colors

Of your clothes

Going round at the laundromat

 

Or the smile

On the face

Of the prettiest or ugliest girl

 

Verse 2

For what it’s worth

Once you say it

Can’t take it back

 

But you can live

A long time

With regret

 

Sometimes it’s a shame

When fiction

Gets in the way of the facts

 

Sounds like a longshot

Against the odds

You take the bet

 

M8

 My words are free

As is

My empathy

I don’t ever want

To be like you

The best parts of you

Are like the worst parts of me

Comments