Music Orphans Series / I Forget To Remember

I Forget To Remember / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



Verses

Hands pass through fire

Like tinkers pass through towns

Making liars look like liars

Is getting harder by the hour

I binge watch on the Wire

Now I think Baltimore is down

On itself again

And it’s tough to go to war

When you are surrounded by cowards

 

Broken fathers broken homes

Leaves everyone a little broken in long run

And how many orphan sons and daughters

Missed a mother’s love

Dead ducks take to water

But I can’t tell the difference between one

Or the other when they waddle

Wishing they were white doves

 

Tell them help is on the way

From the most unlikely of places

And don’t let it get past Wednesday

Otherwise it might get lost in the spaces

In between good intentions and malaise

Everyone needs a summer holiday

Where she licks her lips and mayonnaise

Makes everything taste amazing

 

Chorus

Sometimes I forget to remember

But I am sure you’ll remind me

Which side of the slice

My bread is buttered on

And a holiday romance

Never stands a chance

But at least you get to dream

Awhile

Before the sand starts slipping

Through your hands

 

M8

Candy apples

Candy floss

Just sugar

Waiting for you

Tastes so good for awhile

Til the rooster comes

Home to roost

Comments