Music Orphans Series / For Crying Out Loud

 For Crying Out Loud / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives



Chorus

Once she stood proud

Stood up

For something

A little more meaningful

For crying out loud

Shut up

Already

Find your compass

Find your soul

Find the ones you love

Stand up together

For crying out loud

 

Verse 1

What if I don’t believe

What you believe

I am worth less to you than

A penny in a jar

If I was stranded on the

High seas

Would you throw me a rope

Or let me drift

Til the sun

Turned into the moon

Turned into stars

Turn you into somebody

That I don’t know

I thought I knew you

And now

I don’t know who you are

 

Verse 2

The agony of poverty

Leaves a stain

On my laundry

Is there not enough pain [ already ]

And if I was lost

In a crowd

Would you shine a light

Show me the way

Out of the madness

Out of the darkness

Out of the herd

So that I can

Find my voice

Have my say

 

M8

I still believe

In romance

And any two

Left feet

Can learn to dance

To the music

If you put your ear

To the ground

 

Release

It’s never too late

To change your mind

Change your destiny

Change your fate

Change your ways

 

If you get there on time

You can make

A difference

To the lives

That don’t matter so much

To anyone else


Comments