Music Orphans Series / That's All I Need

That’s All I Need / paypal.me/airchrashdetectives


Chorus

I got

Lipstick on my pillow

You got

Flowers in your hair

I count all the money I still owe

You don’t have to care

That’s all I need

Right now

Get me through to

Tomorrow

 

Verse

 I am a shadow of the man

I think I thought I was

As I listen

To Arcade Fire

It makes me want to fall

In love

With the next girl

I admire

 

Will she be dressed

In white chiffon

Standing at the alter

As a desperate father

Tries to give away

The wrong daughter

To another man

Who doesn’t really

Want her anyway

 

And the best man

Says they are destined

For divorce

Before the paint dries

On the shutters

Of a cute little house

Sitting in the back

Of a dead end

Cul de sac

Where Karen complains

About every word

That ever came out of your mouth

 

M8

The floorboards they creaked

Shook the crystal and china

The night you were conceived

We drank all the wine

In North Carolina

 

We played make believe

Like a graphic designer

Airbrushed our mistakes

As you tried to escape

The walls of your mother’s vagina


Ad Lib

And look at you now

Yeah look at you go now

Comments