Music Orphans Series / Running Against The Grain

 Running Against The Grain / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives


Pre-Chorus

I don’t deny

Any of this

But I am done with

This shit

 

Chorus

I am I am I am

A misfit

And proud of it

Some say insane

But don’t tell

Anyone

I am just running

Against the grain

 

Verses

To all the misfits

I got

20 different ways to say

Oh shit

To roll it over

To blow it up

But 200 bullets

In it

Never solved anything

But made me

Feel better

Didn’t it

 

And my shrink

Made me think

Was it really me

On the body cam

Footage

Showing anger

Outrage

Looking like

One foot in the grave

I tried to blame it on

Peanut butter

Allergies

The only place

I felt good

Was on stage

Or on a trip

Where you don’t

Leave the room

 

I been shredding

Papers

Shedding pounds

Like a molten coat

In the summertime

Tearing up

My documents

So they can’t

Recognize me

Find me

On a protest march

Border wall or

Standing at the feet

Of General Lee

At the crossroads

Of America

Comments