Music Orphan Series / I Will Take It From Here

I Will Take It From Here paypal.me/aircrashdetectives


 

 

Thanks for the love

The peanut butter

And jelly

Sandwiches

That got me through

Whatever is was

The childhood stutter

Lack of confidence

The rough edges

Of adoption

That get filed off

Over time

 

The purity of Indiana

Where the air

Was made by God

On his off day

Something stinks

Down the corridors

From those who

Make power

To those who make quilts

Like a drunk clown

On stilts

Ready to fall over

And there is nobody

To catch them


For Strength

And kindness

Are often devalued

Faster than a dollar

But somebody

Has to

Ask the questions

And I will

You were heaven

Sent

Love blindness

Surrounded me

Starched my collar

Kept me upright

Straight

For I knew this day

Would come

 

Like a black cat

On a window sill

Waiting for you

To come home

No one will ever

Know if she is relieved

Or heartbroken

 

I am ready when

You are

And these happy tears

Never fall too far

And I know

It’s time to go

I will take it from here

Comments