Music Orphans Series / She’s Going To Burn The House Down

She’s Going To Burn The House Down / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

I asked if she had plans

On this beautiful day

You could tell she was agitated

More than

She admits to

Than she usually says

She is

Can’t you understand?

She barked

With sarcasm

And underneath

 

She was pleading

With her demons

Bleeding

Red White and Blue

Speeding

Out of control

Needing you

 

Help me please

Before I do something

I can’t take back

 

I am going to paint

The white picket fence

Right on the edge of town

I think she can’t pretend

Anymore

She’s going to burn the house down

 

I think you know my nature

I am kind of kind at heart

Happy when a statue

Falls to the ground fall apart

Like my mind

When the darkness

Shades the sun

And I can’t see

Your face

For the blinding

Trying to show

You the way out

The way back home

 

She was driving

With the windows down

Drying

Out the tears

Signing off

On another life

She is leaving

Behind


Comments