Music Orphans Series / Letters To The Editor

Letters To The Editor /paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Verses

Mother

Always said

Don’t take candy

From a stranger

 

And the guy in the

Public service announcement

Raised the cross hairs

On my skin

 

Like the red light

Roxanne left off

As she walked away

From danger

 

And everybody

Looks inside themselves

Trying to find the strength

They think they have within

 

Bridge

Why is the fantasy

So much more

Appealing

Than today’s

Reality

 

Pre-Chorus

And I miss writing

Letters to the editor

Sending postcards

From the sea

Listening to her

Metaphors

I know she is talking

To me

I am sure there’s

A message in there

Somewhere

For anyone

Who needs it

Like the words in a book

That don’t mean a thing

Unless you put the time in

And read it

 

Chorus

But I will

Always

Have something to

Say

And sometimes

I am going to say it

I will save it for

A rainy day

Until I have a better handle

On it


Comments