Music Orphans Series / It Was Never Meant To Be

It Was Never Meant To Be / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Verse 1

She had a thing for hats

And shoes

An old jazz piano

Some New Orleans blues

Lived in a house at the top

Of the hill

Room with a view

 

Verse 2

She loved herself

More than I wanted her to

A Ne’er do well

With a bad attitude

And such

High expectations

I was never going to satisfy

 

Verse 3

As I contemplated

The good old

Days gone by

Where the opportunity

Of a lifetime

Pass me by

Like the big truck

In the outside lane

In a hurry to get home

 

Verse 4

I donated

My old leather, jacket

And my body to science

With it’s badges of

Honor and regret

So that

The next generation

Can discover it’s wonder

And it’s conscience

 

Pre chorus

But my daddy always said

What’s the point of living

If you ain’t going to try

 

Chorus

Some things in life

Are magic

Some things in life

Are tragic

But one thing is for sure

There ain’t nothing in this life

For free

Some things ain’t meant to be


Comments