Orphans Music Series / Stark Contrast

Stark Contrast / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Verses

One day

I was ready

To say

Goodbye

To respect

To remember

All the good things

She brought to my table

In fact

If I really think about it

It’s a no brainer

And my heart breaks

And my heart sings

When I am able

 

 

Driving

Through

The countryside

Appreciating

The little things

That I missed

The first time

Round

When I was

Caught up in

Places, I shouldn’t have been

I could

Kick myself

For missing the point

Missing everything

That might have meant something

 

Watching

Someone

Attempting suicide

From a distance

Should I

Get involved

Or let life

Take it’s inevitable twist

And turn it into something

More meaningful

At the requiem

Where tears

Sometime

Open up the eyes

The heart, the mind

And deaf ears

 

M8

Please

Don’t say I didn’t

Try to tell you

Because I did

 

Chorus

But looking back

Now

With a little bit of time and space

All the colors

On the wall

Are in stark contrast

To the darkness

That surrounded my forecast

And my crystal ball

But all I have now

Are sunny days ahead


Comments