Music Orphans Series / Hanging Around You

Hanging Around You / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Pre Chorus

I like the discipline

I get

From your catechism

The structure is rigid

Even though it

Lacks a little optimism

And in your infinite wisdom

You know

That one day

I will leave this prison

 

Chorus

It’s not about you

I hope you understand

There are so many other

Brilliant and fabulous

Things to do

That is so much better than

Hanging around you

 

Verse 1

One more teardrop

Is one too many

The sign says

Stop

But you roll on through

Like nobody said

Anything

One bad habit

Becomes the new normal

It’s like hearing confessions

On the sabbath

Some folks never take

A day off


Verse 2

She lied too fast

Said he was two faced

On speakerphone

It won’t last

Said the girl with the high

Cheekbones

Who stood up for her principals

Like one day

She would be

In a presidential race

Where everything you said

And everything you ever did

Would be thrown back

In your face

 

M8

 Making it easy

To remind

Your enemies

That this life

Is too short

Will I

Waste my energy

Thinking about things

I can’t control

Or get on with

It in real time

So I don’t have to

Deal with it later


Comments