Music Orphans Series / Spray Painted Roses

Spray Painted Roses / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Chorus

Well, well, well

Whaddaya, whaddaya

What do you know?

 

I just got over the pain

From the last time

Now you tricked me again

[ Playing dirty ]

 

Don’t stand so close

To my clean clothes

You fooled me like

A bunch of spray-painted roses

 

Verse 1

We boxed clever

Over

Great philosophers

Like Socrates and Marx

Saying that will never

Happen

It our lifetime

Then it did

Not realizing

The sun went down

It was dark

What to do

Now

Could we find

A place

To be alone

Surrounded by

All of these people

 

Verse 2

We talked about

Oil and water

And our differences

Like chalk and cheese

Thinking

How did we ever

Get here in the first

Place

Sometimes I would freeze

The images

In my head

To remember

All the good things

I loved about

You

Before I looked

Underneath the surface


M8

When I get inside

Your space

I want to hang around

All day

But there is only

Room for two

Not two or three


Comments