Music Orphans Series / The Victim And The Violin

The Victim And The Violin / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Pre - Chorus

They say

It’s a crime

To steal a heart

When you least

Expect it

 

Chorus

So

Come on, come on, come on

Will you play the violin?

So that I can play the victim

Until I decide

Why it all went wrong

Don’t want to

Move on, move on, move on

But I will someday

When I am ready

 

Verse 1

She was buttoned up

Tight

Protesters on the left

Mothers to the right

Looking like

A cross between

A heart breaker

And butter wouldn’t

Melt in her mouth

Made me nervous

Like a boy dreaming

Of the first night

With a girl

From the beautiful south

 

Verse 2

She unbuttoned her

Shirt

Her heart was where I left it

Looking back, she was quite right

Looking like

A murderer

In the act of trying to get

Away from herself

It is so obvious

When a lover is leaving

In the middle of the night

That this world

Will change from heaven to hell

 

M8

So don’t be looking back

When you get into the car

Your pride

And your good looks

Can only get you so far


Comments