Music Orphans Series / Too Late To The Party Again

Too Late To The Party Again / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Pre chorus

Don’t feel sorry

For yourself

If you are

Left out in

The cold

 

Chorus

And I used to be

Johnny on the Spot

And now

Whether I like it

Or not

I am like a dog, that has

Left out in the rain

I am too late

To the party

Again

 

Verse 1

 If you think

This life is

Passing you by

Why don’t you

Stop, a minute

Let it all out

 

To your God

To the sun

To the stars

To the trees

 

Like all the water

Leaving the mouth

Heading out

To sea

 

Verse 2

Take a drink

From the breast

Of an exhausted mother

Trying to lead

By example

Hold on, to one another

 

In the dark

In the night

In those places

Where the hope

 

Has been sliding

Watered down

Ice melting like

A slippery slope

 

M8

Sometimes

I

Party all night

Down

By

The riverside

Under the stars

Under the watchful

Eye

Of a girl

Who thinks

I

Am the best thing

Since

Sliced bread


Comments