Music Orphans Series / That Was Nothing

That Was Nothing / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Pre Chorus

 All grief is alive

Sometimes it hides

In places we don’t want to look

I try to be kind

See it from all sides

And maybe I should write a book

 

Chorus

But as much as you’ve cried

Any one of those days

I would be lyin’

If I said

That was nothing

That was nothing

 

But if I survive

Through all of these

Very strange days

Then I could say

That was nothing

That was nothing


Verse 1

California wildfires

Still burn

Inside the head

Of those who

Lived

To tell the tale

 

As a tourist

From Idaho

Takes one for the purists

Has all, of his guns

Ready to go

 

Verse 2

And a black sheep

From Chernobyl

Wanders the countryside

As radiation leeks

The clean-up bill

Gets pushed to the side

 

As a tourist

From Oslo

Likes taking a risk

Him and his mother

Escaping the cold


Verse 3

And water only tires

I learned

When your dead

It’s unforgiving

And that ship has

Already sailed

 

As a tourist

From Tokyo

Likes his shellfish

A little less radio

Active

 

Verse 4

The sound of gunfire

Ricochets down

The Vegas strip

And she died

In the detective’s arms

Without even moving her lips

 

And a tourist

From Ohio

Sings You Make It Easy

While dodging the

Bullets


Verse 5

The view from the top

Is as clear

As a bell

And you might think

No one can

Touch your power

 

And a tourist

From Cairo

Could be burned

By the negative

Thoughts running

Through the twin towers


Comments