Music Orphans Series / She Was Once

She Was Once / paypal,me/aircrashdetectives

 

Verse 1

She lit up a cigarette

Up there

On her pedestal

The place where I

Put her

For her own good

I told it

The way that it was

I said


Verse 2 

Sometimes I regret

The things

I forgot to articulate

To tell her

About the quiet places

In the night

That she can escape

If she finds love

I said

 

Pre Chorus

The world is such

A dangerous

Place

And you can call me slanderous

And a girl

Ought to be careful

On the face of it

Everything is glamorous

Magnificent

Stupendous

For such a beautiful face

 

Chorus

I have nothing left

To defend us

With

Except she was beautiful

She was once

 

M8

I saw her reflection

In the window

From the outside

Looking in

I could see right

Through her now


Comments