Music Orphans Series / I Don’t Want It To Go Back To The Way It Was

I Don’t Want It To Go Back To The Way It Was / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Verse 1

I would imagine

The day after

She nearly died

You had a better

Attitude

Came down from

Those lofty heights

Losing altitude

Had a better understanding

Showed a little

Gratitude

A new appreciation

Some recognition

For those standing

On the frontline

 

Verse 2

Welcome to the circus

Lions

And tigers

Playing dirty tricks

On those who can

Least defend their own

Self-respect

War is imperfect

A fight

Sometimes

To the death

And you know

How bad it is

When those

Are the lucky ones

Left on the field

To dissolve

Back into the earth

 

Bridge

It doesn’t matter

What I say

Because no one

Listens to me

Anyways

 

Pre-Chorus

Some say for the better

Some say it was worse

I wrote it in a letter

So that it won’t hurt as much

 

Chorus

I don’t want to go back to the way it was

If I do it for mercy

If I do it for love

What difference does it make

As long as we are moving

Into the light

And a better version of [you] and me


Comments