Music Orphans Series / Coming Back From The Dead

Coming Back From The Dead / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Chorus

They got inside your head

Didn’t they

Didn’t they

 

You let them in

Didn’t you

Didn’t you

 

Turned you, upside down

Inside out

Right side up

All the way around

 

I listened to every word you said

It’s a long way back

Stand up

Get up

Get out of that lazy

Good for nothing bed

Stand up

 

On your way back

Don’t stop

Don’t you ever stop

Coming back from the dead

 

 Verse 1

Sometimes

I smoke

Cigarettes after sex

Sometimes

I feel

Indulgent

I think about

The victims

In a train wreck

Trying to

Escape

The madness of the moment


Verse 2 

Some folks

Get the

Thin end of the wedge

Without

Even

Trying for

Something

That hangs

Over the ledge

Dangling

Like a carrot

Or some other kind of shitty metaphor


 Verse 3

If I broke

An already

Broken heart

Then I

Would say

I am sorry

Didn’t mean

To make it

Worse and fall apart

Is it an

Honor or a crime to commit

Hari Kari


Verse 4 

Trouble is

As with

Everything

That is

In demand

Gets crowded

The optimist

Finds a way

To rejoice

While the

Others find

They can’t find a way out of the clouds

 

M8

I am sorry

Maybe once or maybe twice

But not much more

I am sorry

But I can’t be, won’t be, certainly not forever


Comments