Music Orphans Series / Brilliant Rain

Brilliant Rain / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Pre Chorus

Storm clouds brewing

Out of the south

Everything I was chewing on

Spilled [right] out of my mouth

 

Chorus

You feel so strange

Like a long, lost friend

Edging ever closer to the end

Let the wind beneath

Your wings

Fly

Not be so devastating

I know

It’s time for a change

To move on

 I was holding on

Kidding myself on

Hanging on

 Let me walk a while

In this brilliant rain


Verse 1

Sometimes it’s hard

To recognize

Yourself

In a parody

When shrapnel

And shards

Shred

Your confidence

Like therapy

And Edward Scissor Hands

Cuts through

These emotions

With

Precision

As the prisoner

Waits

In the doghouse

For you to decide

For your decision

 

Verse 2

A cell phone

Goes

Unanswered

For we are tethered

Forever now

Is there a nervous twitch

In your soul

Like some exotic dancer

Or just the well-worn leather

Of a worn-out shoe

Are you lost

Inside

A broken soul

Looking for the answer

That’s no-where to be found

There is always hope

I lied

I feel so cold

Sometimes

But I never lose my sense

Of humor

 

M8

There was never any doubt

In my mind

That I would still be looking for

What I am looking for

This time tomorrow

This time next year

Maybe I will find it

By the time I drown

One or two of my sorrows


Comments