Music Orphans Series / Here I Am

Here I Am / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives

 

Verse

A drunken fortune teller

Was mighty optimistic

Her crystal ball was yellow

From chain smoking cigarettes

On the nights that she was asked

What would the future hold?

For you

For me

For everybody

 

They say her knees were like Jello

Right in the thick of it

He was an awkward fellow

Worth his salt, worth his weight

In this fool’s gold

And she asked herself through many sleepless nights

What does the future hold

For you

For me

For everybody

 

There’s a love song playing

On the fire escape

And a young man hanging

On every word she said

Picking names, picking places

And ignorance is bliss right on right now

What does the future hold

For you

For me

For anybody

 

M8

And right now

I am burning from the sun

As all the colors fade

I feel that I am

Out of place

Like a polar bear

In the shade

With sunglasses on

Cooler than Jay Z and Beyonce

I just want you to know

You are killing me

Slowly but surely

 

Chorus

It only took minute

Not sure anyone remembers

It was a hot night

Late August

Or maybe Labor Day in September

He got the girl

Right before

One shot was heard around the world

Right before

My world changed forever

And here I am


Comments