Music Orphans Series / Don’t Wanna Miss The Boat Again

Don’t Wanna Miss The Boat Again / paypal.me/aircrashdetectives


Verse 

Just when I thought

I was relevant

And the children said

Can’t complain

I changed my name

To Zane

To be hip to be cool to be kind

 

I could have been named

The A Train

But that was already taken

By the one-legged veteran

Tattooed with

Black Lives Matter

Ahead of his time

He was

 

It was a sign

Of the big things

To come

Like getting off

On the girl

With the pillow talk lipstick

There is no need to explain

 

Attention is paid

To the man

Who is glad,

That you’re here

He is blind

Said he been this way

Almost all

Or most of his life

 

I prayed to

The wrong God

For way too long

It felt like

The counterfeit

People I always

I let into my life

 

I could have asked

For help

Too stubborn I guess

But I clean up

The broken glass

Because I don’t want to

Shatter this illusion

 

Pre-Chorus

Sometimes I get lost

On my way

To where

I am going

 

Chorus

Found myself

Staring at the sea

Caught up in the waves

Of optimism

Then I fell behind

You know

It’s not so easy to change

Years of behavior

But I

Don’t wanna miss the boat again

 

M8

Can I be sorry

Without feeling

So guilty

Because I am but I don’t

I am but I don’t


Comments