Somebody Shot Me

Somebody Shot Me

Verse 1

The price of all this freedom
Is much higher expected
I was thinking of leaving
For the south coast of France
Until I discovered

Verse 2

All the traffic lights are blinking
Red and yellow
For the doctor and the ambulance
My legs are like Jello
As I stumble through the victims
I am almost in a trance

Bridge

What’s it going to take
Am I changing how you feel
Is the imitation fake
Or is it more real
Than an original

Chorus

Am I invisible
Is it something
You don’t want me to see
That I am not seeing


I thought I’d mention
In passing
That the innocent
And the bystanders
Are paying the price
For your rights
Without having a chance
To defend
Their way of life
I just want you to know
Somebody shot me

Verse 3

I was thinking of living
So that I could tell a tale
As tall as a building
As big as a whale
It’s not like anyone
Will be listening

Verse 4

The bumper sticker says
There’s a baby on board
And a preacher in Nebraska
Thinks that the lord
Gave him preferential treatment
Because his rifle was loaded

M8

And that he would be forgiven
For killing
The boy with the gun
Who was more evil
Than the people
Making up stuff
Making general assumptions
About what people
They were thinking
A few hundred
Years ago
I imagine
They envisioned
At least 100 rounds

In a minute

Comments