Give It Everything You Got – Goodbye Leonard

Bridge

Hey, lipstick and lace
Say it to my face
What would Leonard say
I could have asked him
It’s always about the timing
But he died today

Chorus

It’s not what the other guys got
It’s about you, not the what
Stupid
A chip off the old block
Gone loop the loop
I need to be lucid
And when I wear my heart on my sleeve
I need to believe
I got a long shot
Give it everything you got

Verse 1

How does the perfectionist
Deal with the first kiss
How does an optimist
See past the victim’s list
What happens when a terrorist?
Twists the truth into a manifest O

Verse 2

How can a pragmatist
Ever be any better than this
What if the alchemist
Could turn every stone into golden necklace
Would the great escape artists
Lose patience in their dying breath

M8

And Canada, has lost it’s favorite son
Awkwardly
He will writhe quite violently
Inside his bed of honey
And commentate silently
Who has time for money?

Comments