It’s About Time / The Song

Chorus

What have you been waiting for?
Just another excuse
I suppose
As the executioner looks at the floor
Slightly amused
He has a nose, for those
Who are guilty
And those who are innocent
Says it’s a pity
Gets paid the same
Either ways
You should have done it yesterday

It’s the pictures
In his mind
Of the ones who
Did not do a thing
Says it’s about time
Somebody else was listening


 Verse 1

Once when I was carefree
I took sugar in my coffee
Thinking like a needy refugee
Thinking on my feet
Like I was going live forever
And I was full of negatives
Always boxing clever
With so many bleeping expletives

Verse 2

So I am in my new reality
How’s this for perspective
A gymnast has agility
And a weirdo’s introspective
They value life the same as me
And if I were a detective
I would get a clue eventually
And try to be objective

M8

Cut down on your calories
Cut down on your hangings
Can we get through this century?
Without losing anyone else to the this craziness

Comments