Purple Is The Color

Purple Is The Color

Chorus

Who is this cat?
Juking and a jiving
Like a post ghetto survivor
Cleaning my windshield
So I could see clear to Manitoba
Getting over the flu again
Getting over on the government
Getting over my phobias
Purple is the color
Of independence and protest
Purple is the color
Of my house in Minnesota

Verse 1

The purple rain
Allows me to be
Anonymous
As I tend to the needs
Of those in crisis
With a deadpan
Sense of humor
But most sincerely
I can pay
For the medicine
Just like a pizza
Delivery is free

Verse 2

The raspberry beret
Is timeless
Like a watch from Cartier
And the style of the day
Always came back
Around
Like a carousel
Spinning joy
The carefree girl
And the shy self - conscious boy
Practiced their discovery
Very intensely

Verse 3

If 1999
Was the party
That started
Sent me on my way
I got to the places
Where the only the few
Ever learned to play
Well, with the best
Pushing the envelope
Condemning moderation
A joker will jest
And become disoriented

Comments